What is teeth whitening?
Teeth can become stained or discoloured through consumption of dark, staining food and drink (think berries, coffee and red wine), smoking or the use of certain prescription medications. The solution is teeth whitening – the simplest and most affordable cosmetic dental treatment and a great way to refresh your smile.
Zoom! whitening is the fastest and most convenient option; home whitening is very affordable and offers excellent control over shade; and internal bleaching is a more specialised treatment for when the first two options aren’t suitable.
Teeth Whitening is one of Core Dental’s most popular treatments. We offer two options for whiter teeth: In-Chair teeth whitening, for immediate results; and At-Home whitening, for a more gradual result.
Another benefit is more pronounced results. Dentists have access to the most sophisticated equipment and the highest concentrations of active ingredients in whitening preparations and processes, and they use shade guides and photography to document whitening outcomes.
The procedure for In-Chair whitening
In-Chair whitening is the most convenient and fastest process – it lasts about 90 minutes. We use the latest technology, from Philips Zoom! WhiteSpeed for this procedure.
We take three important steps to ensure you get the best possible results from this procedure.
- We start with a brief checkup to ascertain whether Zoom! teeth whitening will be a safe and effective option for you. In most cases it is.
- Then we protect your gums and apply the patented whitening gel to your teeth.
- Finally, we use the Zoom! WhiteSpeed blue LED lamp to activate the gel, causing the whitening effect.
Depending on the individual, your teeth could be up to 8 shades whiter, and stains and discolouration removed or reduced.
The procedure for At-Home whitening
At-Home whitening is a more affordable option and allows you to control the degree of whitening. We use Pola Day and Pola Night Teeth Whitening Systems. You can re-use the trays to repeat the process if the effect wears off over time.
- We take a mould of your teeth and build custom trays – one each for the upper and lower arches.
- A week later, your trays are supplied along with whitening gel, desensitising gel and detailed instructions for use.
- You routinely apply the whitening gel to your teeth via the trays until you’ve achieved the results you want.
The benefit of home whitening is that you are in control of the degree of whitening, plus it can be repeated if the effect wears off over time. It is also more affordable than Zoom! treatment.