When you accept our products or services, contact us, or visit the Core Dental website at www.coredental.com.au you agree to the handling of your personal information according to this policy.
Note: ‘Core Dental Group’, ‘Core Dental’, ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’ refers to Core Dental Group Pty Ltd (ACN 612 345 794) and each of the Core Dental branch practices. ‘You’, ‘Your’ refers to patients or individuals who contact Core Dental or access the Core Dental website.
Types of information we collect
The types of information we may collect includes (but is not limited to):
- Your name and contact details including postal address, email address, phone numbers;
- Personal details such as age or gender;
- Medicare number and private health insurance details;
- Financial information (for example credit card numbers or bank account details for payment of services); and
- Sensitive information including health information, medical history, dental assessment and treatment plans.
Collection of personal information
Where it is reasonably practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may collect the personal information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- Where you lodge an enquiry through our website located at www.com.au;
- When you contact us via telephone, facsimile or email;
- In administering and performing any contracts with service providers;
- From correspondence with you (whether in writing or electronically);
- While conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
- When administering any of our services; and
- As otherwise required to manage our business.
We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act.
You have the right to either refuse to provide details about yourself or remain anonymous. However, some of Core Dental’s services (for example responding to enquiries and provision of treatment) can be provided only if Core Dental has your personal information.
In certain cases we may collect personal information from publicly available sources and third parties such as your treating dental clinician, our business partners, your health insurance provider or Medicare. If we collect personal information about you from a third party we will, where appropriate, request that the third party inform you that we are holding such information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to and correct and update the information.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Core Dental’s primary purpose in collecting your personal information is to facilitate the smooth operation of its service and activities. We may use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
- The provision of dental services including contacting you in relation to dental services and managing your patient file;
- Responding to your enquiries;
- Internal purposes including administration, accounting and reporting statistical information about our products and services;
- To improve the content and layout of the Core Dental website and determine general marketplace information about visitors to the website;
- To send information to you about Core Dental;
- To comply with any legislation or regulations as required; and
- Otherwise to manage our business.
Core Dental may be required to disclose your personal information to third parties where necessary to complete a request from you or to carry out a service. Examples of circumstances where we may disclose to third parties include:
- To healthcare professionals (dentists, dental specialists) where required to provide you dental services;
- To organisations that provide us with technical and support services;
- To your nominated emergency contact;
- To government and regulatory bodies including Medicare;
- To third party health benefit providers and insurance companies (sensitive health information will not be provided);
- To our professional advisors;
- Where required by law.
Storage of personal information
We will hold personal information as either secure physical records, electronically on our dental software system, in cloud storage or on an offsite server. Core Dental will take all reasonable steps to ensure all personal information is stored securely and protected from unauthorized access or disclosure.
Your information may be accessed by our employees, dentists, dental specialists or other persons required to provide our services to you.
We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information. This also applies to disposal of personal information.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
From time to time, Core Dental may contact you with information about our products and services, offers, or information about our business partners. If you have chosen to register for email newsletters, Core Dental may use your email address to deliver additional information including about updates to the website, new loyalty offers, product launches, competitions, industry events and other such information.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us. You can make this request by contacting our Privacy Officer (see details below).
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
Cookies used on the Core Dental website do not and cannot infiltrate a user’s hard drive to gather any confidential information stored on the user’s hard drive.
The cookies used by our website are not “spyware”.
Core Dental may provide links to third-party websites that may have privacy policies different from that of Core Dental. Core Dental is not responsible for the privacy policies of such third party websites and encourages you to read the privacy policies of every website you visit.
Core Dental, with the help of Google site statistics, monitors the visitors to the website www.coredental.com.au. Based on your visit to this website, Google and third-party sites may elect to show you similar materials (content, advertising) that directs back to Core Dental.
The Core Dental website is hosted in Australia. If you use the Core Dental website from outside Australia, you are voluntarily transferring content (potentially including personally identifiable information) to Australia and agreeing that Core Dental collection, use, storage and sharing of that content is exclusively subject to the laws of Australia rather than the laws of the country in which you are located.
If you choose to provide Core Dental with personal information, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of that information and to the transfer of that information to our servers in Australia and anywhere else in the world where Core Dentalmay in future have facilities and to its storage in those places.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may contact our Privacy Officer to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time. On the rare occasions when we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access. We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by us.
We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and we may refuse to do so. If we refuse a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing.
We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within a reasonable time.
Overseas transfers of personal information
If in future we do propose to disclose personal information overseas, we will do so in compliance with the requirements of the Privacy Act. We will, where practicable, advise you of the countries in which any overseas recipients are likely to be located.
If you do not want us to disclose your information to overseas recipients, please let us know.
Resolving personal information concerns
The Privacy Officer, Core Dental
1/220 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period. If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
This policy was last updated July 2019.